By: Anne-Marie Bohan
On Wednesday, 1 May 2013 Matheson hosted a Society for Computers and Law (SCL) breakfast seminar entitled “Law and regulation as we move to the Cloud.”
John O’Connor, head of the Technology and Commercial Contracts Group, chaired the event which focused on legal and regulatory issues surrounding adoption of cloud computing at enterprise level. Among the issues he discussed were intellectual property rights, changes to terms and conditions, data protection concerns, limitations and exclusions of liability and transparency requirements.
Guest speaker at the event was Prof Ian Walden, Professor of Information and Communications Law, Centre for Commercial Law Studies, Queen Mary, University of London. Prof Walden discussed trends in cloud computing including attempts to reduce legal and regulatory uncertainty to facilitate market development as well as security issues and law enforcement access.
Subscribe to our blog
- European Commission Adopts Privacy Shield
- The EU and US agree on new arrangement for trans-Atlantic data flows
- Agreement reached on new Data Protection Regulation
- Key Points in relation to the return of Schrems Case to the Irish High Court
- Article 29 Working Party statement on Schrems case
- Safe Harbour Declared Invalid by CJEU
- Advocate General Issues Opinion on Validity of EU-US Safe Harbour Scheme
- ICO signals progress of General Data Protection Regulation
- Irish Data Protection Commissioner’s Report 2014 highlights an increasing global approach to data protection
- Commission Proposal on new data protection rules supported by Justice Ministers of the Council